Eight Krazy Things I’ve Learned From Online Dating
- Nobody looks exactly like their profile pictures, including me.
- A lot of people like “the outdoors”.
- Many people like “all types of music”, “except country”.
- “Hi” is no longer an acceptable opening line.
- Saying you’re “not looking for drama” probably means you’re the one who always brings the drama.
- Most people who have dogs also have a cat, and a lot of people who don’t have dogs, have cats. So basically, almost everyone has a cat.
- If you’ve gone kayaking once, you should most definitely list it as a hobby.
- Everyone has been hurt in the past and unconsciously brings that into future relationships (even people who aren’t krazy).
So there you have it. If you’re thinking I am jaded or dissatisfied with the online dating experience, you’re wrong. In fact, I find all of the above to be a humorous and interesting way to search for love. And, yes, love is what we’re all looking for, even though most dating sites give us the option of classifying ourselves as “not looking for a relationship or any type of commitment”. Come on, let’s not kid ourselves, it’s a jungle out there, but it’s a whole lot easier getting through the day when you have an inbox full of possibilities waiting for you.