By now you should be familiar with the concept of Krazy Eights, but if not, check the archives for details.
Here’s another list in honor of a very special friend. And I mean special in the sense that she’s important to me.
Eight awesome things about Deann:
- When we are together it seems like we are always laughing. I’m not sure if it’s because we are both really comical or we just know how to make each other laugh.
- She’s just the right amount of spiritual to be interesting and inspiring without being too “out there”. For example: “Don’t even put that negative thought out into the universe or it will become real” or “You have to love people in a way that makes them feel free”. See what I mean?
- She has the best stories. These are not just simple anecdotes. Of course there’s her epic love story. And who could forget the one about the female murderer, on a three-day furlough from serving a life-sentence, who checked into a hotel where Deann worked, only to disappear the next day, becoming a fugitive. And then there are the days when we’ll just be sitting around chatting and she’ll say something like, “did I ever tell you about the time I met Bob Hope?”
- Being around her is so easy. There’s no drama, no judgment, no ultimatums, and no pretense.
- Some how, some way, whenever I’m about to say something, she says it either simultaneously or before I do. “Get out of my head!!”
- She is one of the strongest, toughest people I know. And one of the sweetest, most loving souls I have ever met.
- Her loyalty knows no bounds. When I’m with her, I feel invincible.
- She’s real. What does that mean? It means when she tells me something, I believe it, even if it’s something nice about me.
So, there you have it.
Happy Birthday, Deann, and thank you for finding me.