Krazy Eights is an idea I came up with purely by chance as I was pondering topics for blog posts. All of my previous postings have been narratives (Ok, a couple were rants). So, I want to try something a little different.
I’ve always had an affinity for making numbered lists to express myself. I do it often in emails because I find it helps me make sure I say everything I wanted to say. And it feels like lists are easier to read than paragraphs, not to mention the perk of getting away with sentence fragments and run ons.
So the deal with Krazy Eights will be a list of eight things. They can be things that made me happy, things I did over the weekend, places I’ve traveled to, etc. The experiment is to see what different ideas spark when the format is a list. And also to discover things about myself by recording them. Feel free to suggest list topics along the way. Thanks and let me know what you think.
Today’s Krazy Eights List is:
Eight Krazy Beers I Drank at Miami Beer Fest 2016
- Orange Blossom Imperial Pilsner ABV: 11.2% – good, refreshing, a nice breakfast beer.
- Shock Top Twisted Pretzel Wheat – This was a surprise. I never expected it to be good but it was. Tasted just like a pretzel.
- Goose Island Matilda – I was introduced to this Belgian style ale by one of my favorite people. It was my favorite of the night.
- Mayday Imperial Porter by Saltwater Brewery – This one was a surprise too. It was the first dark beer we sampled, smooth, flavorful and not too heavy. Available only at the brewery in Delray Beach, FL.
- Coney Island Hard Root Beer – Tasted like root beer. If I wanted to drink root beer, I would drink root beer.
- Green Flash Belgian Trippel – First one we sampled. A very good try at the Belgian style. And who could resist a trippel?
- Copper Point Espresso Cream Stout – It actually did taste a little bit like espresso. But since we tried it after the Mayday, it paled in comparison.
- Presidente – This was our last beer of the night. To paraphrase a wise man, “After all of those heavy, crafty, complicated beers, it’s nice to drink a simple lager.”
So there you have it. The first Krazy Eights list of the year. Hope you enjoyed it. I had fun writing it.